History Of The Chamber

The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Bafra was established in 1903 on Eski Belediye Street. In those years Bafra was the most important centre in tobacco cultivation. The chamber was founded in order to respond to the boom which has occurred since native and foreign merchants came to the district frequently and exported.

However; when the chamber became inefficient in servicing in time, it was moved to its current service building on 26th July 1969. Current President of the Assembly, Süleyman TÜRK, and the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Nafız KAYA, have contributed to moving the chamber to the new building materially and spiritually.